Thursday, August 22, 2013

Final days at Camp Y-Koda

Well this is it, tonight is my very last sleepover at Camp Y-Koda! I cannot believe it is finally here. Although we have one more week of camp, I ask my friend Alex to sleepover in my place to spend time with my family and boyfriend after camp activities next Thursday night. Camp has forever been my home and a place of reassurance in my love for building upon experiences and working with children. I am sad to see it come to an end. Right now I am sitting in my office before anyone else arrives. It is peaceful and a bit sad.

 I have seen this place since I was 8 years old go through so many changes. I have seen 4-5 directors go through, i have been a camper, a volunteer, a junior counselors, a senior counselor, and the summer camp director. When I started here as a counselor the teenager campers where 4 and 5! Now they are 13 and have siblings that were born when I was a counselor. I have honestly seen so many of these campers grow up here at camp and I wish them all the best knowing that many of them will pass on their love for camp in the next few years as volunteers or employees. I know I have been a difference here and it is bitter sweet to be leaving this place. I know I am ready for a new path in life yet it is hard to say good bye. So lots to do to finish up camp and getting ready for my trip all at once.... and a lot of emotion. Here is a few pictures from summer camp (I can't actually put pictures of the kids on here, so random others):

Adventure Trip on the Wisconsin River.... a bunch of cows cooling off in 100 degree weather!

Trust Falls as I led staff training

Summer Staff 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment