Monday, August 12, 2013

Three Weeks

Three Weeks from today I leave for my journey to Uganda......

Honestly I hate transitioning to new things.... it is probably the most stressful thing in the world to me. So last week I was in the Apostle Islands and had no internet and no cell phone service and I started to panic a bit.... I couldn't call my mom or my boyfriend when I needed/wanted to. This I feel foreshadows a small hardship that will be quite more difficult in Uganda. As I got home, my webcam on my computer isn't loading onto other peoples' Skypes.... but I at least can see them. This is one of two things I need to really figure out before I go... On the other hand my ipod screen died, thus is still plays music but I can't start or change the song (I tested it on my ipod dock)... I am not doing an 8 hour flight without my ipod from Middle School. Also I have given up on trying to figure out how to use an USB on ipad, bought and adapter and it didn't even work.....

So that is my short rant for the morning about things that are on my mind..... It is continually getting harder knowing that soon I will be there and don't get to get a hug by my boyfriend for two months. Speaking of  my man, we went to a turkish wedding this weekend and learned some turkish wedding traditions! This was inspiring to what I want to learn in Uganda! I can't wait to see what I might learn there!


No comments:

Post a Comment