Saturday, August 24, 2013

AH! What will it be like?

What is it like there? What will you have? Will you have a shower? What about water? 

Gosh, everyone I talk to cannot keep from asking me a million questions, that honestly I only know about 25% of the answers! I just had a friend stop by to drop something off at my house and he was asking me about it there and I remember the video I saw! Well during out official exposure to the program before applying, Maggie (our advisor) showed us this video. Check it out!

Gosh... I have watched it like 3 times in the pass half hour! I am so excited to finally get to know the answers to everyone's questions and even to the answer to things I haven't even questioned yet! This is going to be such an amazing experience and I cannot wait to embark on it! I have officially got everything I need for my trip (well picking up the prescriptions Monday and need peanut butter) and have it packed!

Also looking pass my next two months, I started applying for part time jobs to do during student teaching! I hope I have a good chance that them! I know student teaching will be time consuming, but I think I will go crazy if I don't have something else to do! I have been working since I was 14 multiple jobs or with clubs and such... I need to find something to do! Dennis does want me to try out Karate, which I definitely think I can make that happen. This constant doing things of mine also is making me ponder about what it will be like to be in a country that I knew very few people and is very different than my own. I cannot wait to search out possible cultural events to explore and to reach out to others in the community, but will it be hard to do so? I am not quite sure yet... I hope I really can make a connection with something other than the school in the community. Not only do I think this will guide me to have a more well rounded experience, but also allow me to better understand culture, the people, and where I am..... Experience is everything :)


Also feel free to comment on my posts... it will make me feel more connected to home as I am away... and that someone is actually reading it :)

My boyfriend also just sent me this:
http://9gag.com/gag/aeNYY6B

I am not a vacation, but I am excited for the scenery and environmental aspects of Uganda.

3 comments:

  1. You're going to have a wonderful experience hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Experience is everything" reminds me of
    "a set of working hypotheses which a man adopts in order to harmonize, as far as may be, his prejudices with his experience" --Hardley

    ReplyDelete