Monday, September 2, 2013

Amsterdam!

We made it to Amsterdam! It was about 6:20 am here when we arrived, we got there about half hour earlier than our scheduled arrival at 6:55 am. I can't believe we are already halfway done with the trip. Three of us are already at the airport here and meeting our last group member in Kampala!

So traveling internationally not as bad as I thought! I did get a random scan at the scanners and starting to cry... It was basically 5 minutes after saying goodbye to my entire family and Dennis. It was quite sad and I was just wanting to make it to the gate to meet up with Heather. Luckily, I switched seats to sit next to her on the way to Amsterdam. I got to sleep half the flight and reminisce on all the same thoughts and questions Heather and I were getting from our friends and families about the trip. Glad to know my friends weren't the only ones with a ton of questions that I didn't know the answer to!

Amsterdam airport isn't too bad, but it is huge! There is a ton of random bars and stores that look so fancy. They even had an indoor smoking area (not that I am going to do that). So now I am here paying like 8 dollars for internet and about to go get a nice sandwich and drink! Wish me luck.... one last plan ride to Uganda. Wander how the airport will be there. Amsterdam is mostly English and really modern, how will this compare to Entebbe's airport!? I am so unsure about how civilized the communities and cities are there! I guess I'll find out in about 12 hours! I'll post pictures soon of the airport (Oh I got to see the sunrise on the plane! So cool!)

See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. * caitlyn. ok, now i can read it:) give me the 101 on your z quill experience. and i am here 24-7 as your personal pharmacist. remember--motrin will not help with diarrhea;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did not work. I think I was too nervous for it :( Don't worry I got some anti-diarrhea medicine before I left. I wanted to show you my whole bag of drugs... but I forgot.

      Delete